Hauntcert T-shirts are again available for purchase this year. All shirts will be black with your choice of teal, lime, hot pink, or neon orange ink. Shirts are also available in either long ($14) or short sleeve ($11). Hauntcert shirts are completely optional, but are a fun way to show a little orchestra pride and spirit. Click on the following links and pay online. Shirts will be delivered to school sometime the week of the Hauntcert. ALL ORDERS ARE DUE NO LATER THAN OCTOBER 2nd!!!!
Black long or short sleeve shirt TEAL ink
Black long or short sleeve shirt LIME ink
Black long or short sleeve shirt HOT PINK ink
Black long or short sleeve shirt NEON ORANGE ink
Friday, September 22, 2017
Orchestra updates for the week of Sept. 25th:
1. Our next Hauntcert combined rehearsal is this Wednesday afternoon (Sept 27), will be from 3:30-6:00 pm, and will involve Chamber, Intermezzo, and Sinfonia orchestras. Students will need to bring their folding music stands from home to school that morning and cellists will need to bring their instruments to school that day as well. Students will need to again be picked up at door J around the back of the building. Please make arrangements to carpool if you are unable to pick your student up promptly at 6:00 pm.
2. Other than a few back ordered items, all uniform parts have now been distributed. Please make sure new items fit and that arrangements have been made to have them hemmed. Also please make sure that you have double checked the uniform policies in the syllabus and have provided the appropriate shoes, socks, etc.
3. We still have a number of openings on the Hauntcert volunteer list that we are looking to fill. You can click here to volunteer for Hauntcert 2017. A new position has been added to the volunteer list and we are looking for a couple of "dry ice wranglers" to help us with "mad scientist experiments".
4. We are also still looking for three people interested in shadowing some of our NOPA executive board members so that they can take over those offices next year. The positions don't involve a huge amount of commitment, so if you are interested in the offices of president, treasurer, and refreshment chair, please let Mrs. Siebenthal know.
4. If you have signed up for the NY trip, please make sure that you have your deposit in and that the next payment (Oct 1st) is on your mind. Our first payment to the travel agent is due at the beginning of October and we need to make sure that there is enough money in the account to cover the bill.
Friday, September 15, 2017
Some updates as we get back into the swing of things:
1. Hauntcert combined rehearsal on Tuesday night (Sept 19) will be from 6-8 pm and will involve Chamber, Intermezzo, and Sinfonia orchestras. All students must be dropped off and picked up at door J around the back of the building. Marching band will be using the faculty parking lot and pickup/drop off in the bus lane will NOT be an option. Students will also not be allowed to go through the building to the main entrance. Please make sure that your student is picked up promptly at 8:00 at door J.
2. Uniforms have been shipped and will be arriving any day (although we won't know whether or not any items are back ordered until we get the shipment). They will be sent home with your student next week. Please make sure that all pieces are checked for size and you have made arrangements to have pants/skirts hemmed.
3. Thanks to everyone who attended our first NCHS Orchestra Parents Association meeting this week! We are still in need of volunteers and would love to have you get involved. If you would be interested in shadowing for a position on the executive board, please contact Mrs. Siebenthal. The positions don't involve a huge amount of commitment and we have 3 parents of seniors who will be "graduating" with their kids at the end of this year. We are looking for people to shadow (and fill next year) the offices of president, treasurer, and refreshment chair. We still have a number of openings on the Hauntcert volunteer list as well that we are looking to fill. You can click here to volunteer for Hauntcert 2017.
4. Last call to sign up for the New York trip!!! Please visit the trip blog to get registered and put down your deposit. Reminder to everyone who has signed up all ready: please make sure that you have filled out the Google form to register in addition to making your deposit, and if you are on the payment plan the Oct. 1st payment will be due soon. If you have signed up to go on the trip, make sure to subscribe to the trip blog so that you receive all blog updates as an email. Once you enter your email address, you will need to click on the link that the blog sends to your inbox to activate your subscription.
Wednesday, September 6, 2017
A few reminders and updates as we get back into the swing of things:
1. Don't forget to add our first NCHS Orchestra Parents Association (NOPA) meeting to your calendar and join us next Tuesday night (Sept 12) at 7 pm in the orchestra room. The meeting is open to all orchestra parents and is a great low-key way to get involved in your student's high school experience. Come out and meet some other parents, get involved, and have some cookies! Door J around the back of the building will be unlocked.
2. Please consider helping us fill our Hauntcert volunteer list this year. We still have a number of openings and would love to have it filled by next week. Click here to volunteer for Hauntcert 2017 - "Halloween Spooktacular"
3. Student homework assignments are due by Friday, and include the course syllabus signature page, uniform page and fee, blog sign-up verification, and a survey that students can access through Google Classroom. If you have received this email in your inbox and have not sent the blog verification portion to school, simply print the email and send with your student!